S1| Introduction to YEAH! and Community Challenges Brainstorm
This session is designed to get youth thinking about what their community could be, based on its assets and areas for improvement. Studies have shown that youth have a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm about where they live. The activities in this section can help youth connect advocacy lessons with their environments.
- YEAH! Program Introduction
- Brainstorm or Vision Board
- Community Mapping
- Poster Board
- Glue Sticks
- Session 1 PowerPoint
- Session 1 Keynote
- Ideas for Icebreakers
- Vision Board Example
- Sample Brainstorming Ideas
- Community Mapping Examples
In this session, you will introduce the YEAH! project and have the YEAH! club members discuss health challenges in their community.
Session Prep and Reflection:
- What’s your plan for this session?
- What worked well?
- What did not work well?
- What was a challenge for you?
- What were the “wows” from this Session?
- What are you going to do differently next time?