S10| Practice Makes Perfect
Does practice make perfect? It is clear that practice helps prepare for successful engagement by brainstorming potential conflicts, identifying awkward moments during a presentation, and reducing nervousness. It is important for youth to practice leading up to their presentation to decision-makers.
- Play Civics 101
- Decision Maker Meeting Tips
- Prep Audience Evaluation
- Prep Decision-Maker Reflections
- Session 10 PowerPoint
- Tips for Meeting with Decision-makers
- Sample Audience Evaluation
STUDENT LEADER TO-DOS
- Have a timer and make sure each group presents for only 15 minutes
- Limit the audience evaluation and decision-maker reflections to a few numeric scale and/or yes/no questions and one answer questions
In this session, the YEAH! club members will practice their action plan advocacy presentations. If you are able, have the youth practice in the location of the final presentation.
Session Prep and Reflection:
- What’s your plan for this session?
- What worked well?
- What did not work well?
- What was a challenge for you?
- What were the “wows” from this Session?
- What are you going to do differently next time?