S11| YEAH! Action Day
This optional session puts allows youth to take. Youth participants conduct a service project to improve a neighborhood or school feature they identified in previous sessions, using the neighborhood or school assessments and data research. This enables youth to see the impact their advocacy activities can have firsthand. If your group does not complete a YEAH! action day, have the youth continue to practice for their final presentation or skip to session 12.
- Implement Action Day Activities or Service Project
- Items necessary for Action Day Project
- Session 11 PowerPoint
- Service Project Ideas
STUDENT LEADER TO-DOS
- Invite YEAH!/club members, their friends, and parents to participate in service projects
- Reach out to local community organization for assistance (funding, supplies, volunteers etc.)
In this session, YEAH! club members will complete an optional day of action. Youth can implement a project or keep practicing for the presentation.
Session Prep and Reflection:
- What’s your plan for this session?
- What worked well?
- What did not work well?
- What was a challenge for you?
- What were the “wows” from this Session?
- What are you going to do differently next time?